UKNFS information resources
This section of the website provides information resources created by the UKNFS for enhancement of quality of life of both the UK Nepali community and Nepali international students studying in the UK.
Medical and healthcare: NHS services access information in Nepali:
- UKNFS Nepalese community NHS services access information pack: About the NHS, its services and how to make a complaint if required
- UKNFS Nepali Medical terms and Useful Phrases card: for use in visiting hospitals and NHS doctors [‘GP’s]
Nepali International Students living and studying in the UK resource:
- UKNFS Nepali internattional students information resource: Thematic resource covering an extensive range of topics, including a ‘before you arrive and come to study in the UK’ section.
- UKNFS International Students Resource Dedication from His Excellency Dr Suresh, in support of the value of the resource:
Cultural heritage resources:
We will from October 2014 be linking to the NIAP website which will provide extensive resources about Nepal’s artistic cultural heritage: ahead of this you can view valuable information about Nepal’s festivals here and access a helpful Nepal-English dictionary.
- Nepali Festivals based on annual calendar (advised by Ram Hari Adhikari)
- Nepali-English dictionary (advised by Dr Rajeeb Kumar Sah)
The UKNFS is actively involved in broader UK national level work that supports other ethnic minorities Voice and equality and anti-discrimination needs. Regarding this UKNFS Executive Director Alan Mercel-Sanca, produced in 2013 a Social Services Front-line Staff BME [Black and Minority Ethnic] communities cultural awareness information resource reviewed by national level racial equality experts/campaigners, such as Patrick Vernon OBE, and committee members of the NHS BME Network, with additional invaluable input by Dr Rajeeb Kumar Sah.